Friday, September 17, 2010

The story behind my stylish calf-length cuff boots

This is the story untold at my entry to Every Shoe Tells a Story contest by Clarks. Yes, I did join a shoe photo contest. Please do check my entry and if you like what you see, please vote for my shoes. I can use some votes to win.

I had no plan at all to buy another new pair of shoes that Christmas, the same Christmas when I got engaged, but instead, I wanted to buy a new dress to wear to a dinner date with my fiancĂ©. While shopping at a mall, my boyfriend grabbed some t-shirts for him and asked me to go to the counter to pay them. On my way to the counter, a shoe rack no longer crowded with shoes grabbed my attention. There were several pairs of shoes but only one pair hooked my eyes and it’s all I saw. Gasped, as if magnetized, my legs quickly brought me to the rack, my hands feeling the shoes’ texture, my eyes admiring.

CIMG1886a

Firstly, I love boots. These darlings were actually calf-length boots, embodying the cuff of those Maison Martin Margiela shoes famously worn by Rachel Gibson that I so dream to buy, only better. Not long after being hooked by my new found beauties, I found myself admiring my reflection on the mirror with the shoes on, just to be startled by a familiar voice, “Honey! I’ve been looking for you.” But seeing what had took me long, he studied my complete look and simply said, “Get them.”

It’s very easy to fall in love with the shoes. The meticulous details on the sides are met and sewed together by a piece of well-cut animal skin, probably snake or crocodile, starting from the base where the heels anchor it and up to the top. The heels are pointed about three inches high. Being cuffed allows my toes to breath in a sexy manner. A happy New Year's Gift shows more more photos of these shoes.