Monday, July 20, 2009

The Urban Sailor


In my hangings around New York City I found an urban sailor. I never thought that a sailor outfit could look any different than what we see during fleet week.But, It can definitely be done. The urban sailor wore a seersucker trouser with a vintage hat that projects a chill, nonchalant, relaxed aura that clearly states it's not too hot for a hat today. He paired it up with a white cotton simple v-neck (reminiscent of Michael Jackson type) t-shirts topped off with what in my opinion are "fly" kicks.

What worked for the urban sailor is that he took a slight risk when he decided to fold up his trouser cuff mainly because he appears extremely confident with what he's wearing and more importantly in his own skin.

P.S. Can you tell I have a shoe fetish?

Enid P. "Dare to Dream"